Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Navigating the Tubes

In an interview from Sunday's New York Times, John McCain tells what has to be a little lie:

Q: But do you go on line for yourself?

Mr. McCain: They go on for me. I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself. I don't expect to be a great communicator, I don’t expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need – including going to my daughter's blog first, before anything else.

There's not a lot to learn. You click on an icon that says "Internet," and voilĂ ! Not much of a surprise, though. Of course, The Onion was on this story months ago:
"All you have to do to turn the website on is put the little blinking line thing in the cyberspace window at the top of the screen, type 'thegoogle.com,' and press 'return'—although it will also recognize http.wwwthegoogle.com, google.aol, and 'THEGOOGLE' typed into a Word document."

No comments: