Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Future of the Republican Party

One can only hope it rests with the good people at this rally who stood up for inclusion and respect. Liberalism needs a strong, principled opposition, and too many of today's "conservatives" just aren't offering it. I'm happy - in fact, I'm eager - to argue about any of the important issues facing America today. That's necessary. It's what moves us forward as a country. So it saddens me when the opposition is reduced to race-baiting, ignorance, and hatred. Hopefully the supporters at this rally are the future of the party and not a dying minority (though one must wonder, to some extent, why they haven't been turned off by the campaign's tactics so far). 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most inspiring things I've seen all campaign. Plus the first woman who butts in is a hottie.

By the way, this is Matt S. Get back to me, I want to see you before I go back home.